Location: Napoli, Italy
Period: 05/02/2017 – 11/01/2017
Deadline: 4 May 2017
Mo.D.A.V.I. Napoli, non-profit and non-governmental association, is currently looking for 6 high motivated volunteers coming from Germany, Spain and Hungary (2 per each country), who are going to commit themselves to a SHINING experience: a six-month European Voluntary Service project in Napoli, starting in May.
Mo.D.A.V.I. Napoli’ social work aims at: promoting active citizenship; facilitating the participation of young people in mobility schemes; supporting and educating young people from disadvantaged groups in order to guarantee social inclusion; encouraging international youth exchanges and promoting the European and international mobility. It has focused also on activities for immigrants, integration of cultures and breaking barriers related to interculturalism.
1) IMMIGRANTS: the volunteers will support the activities of our organization aimed to help the immigrant members in the local community, from material and logistics organization for Italian language courses and exams, to finding educational and job opportunities for them. Moreover they will organize workshops with immigrant children to encourage their integration in the society;
2) ANTI-VIOLENCE: the volunteers will support the organization of initiatives and workshops aimed to raise the awareness and to prevent violence to be addressed to teenaged groups mainly into local schools, together with the organization of a digital awareness campaign on the topic to be launched on social networks;
3) SCHOOL DROPOUT: the volunteer will support the preparation of materials and the conception of interactive activities to carry out with the students in the frame of Modavi work in the fight against the school dropouts in local schools, through non-formal education activities in local schools we aim to increase the participation and the motivation of the students while fostering self-reflection moments on their personal and professional development. The EVS volunteers will play a very important role since they embody diversity, opportunity and internationalism;
4) EUROPE: the volunteers will support the organization and the implementation of international exchanges and training opportunities for youth at local level. Moreover they will support the management of the Youth Info Point to spread opportunities offered by the European Union through the several programmes for youth (education, job, culture), the update of the bulletin board, as in this way the volunteers can also show us how their organizations work and how they deal with it.
5) COMMUNICATION: support to the management of the social media channels of the organization and updating our communication tools promoting all the programme activities. Therefore they will manage a special link dedicated to their EVS experience, sharing pictures, feedbacks and thoughts.
Deadline for applying : 05/04/2017
How to apply?
Please send an email to email@example.com with :
– your CV
– a motivation letter