Lead the Way
Location: Sofía, Bulgary.
Period: 01/07/2017 – 30/06/2018
Deadline: 30 April 2017
Isla CreActiva is looking for one Spanish volunteer, 18-30 years old, to participate in an EVS project at Sofía, Bulgary.
The volunteer should have good communication skills and ability to work in team in multinational and multicultural environment. The volunteer will work with others from Macedonia, Estonia and Austria. Flexibility and high responsibility to the youth work. The volunteers will be involved in many youth activities which will include shooting pictures and video, organizing small events, trainings and tournaments using an online system, writing about them in online blogs and websites as well as working on projects related to their work and “Erasmus+”.
Bulgarian Youth Forum (BYF) is a youth organisation, which supports the young people in their efforts to be complete and active persons in the society. In this connection we aim to establish and facilitate socially beneficial activities, having a direct and indirect impact on developing the youth potential. On account of this we have activities in different spheres which can be of interest for the young people like human rights, social work, tolerance and intercultural diversity, youth and social entrepreneurship, sport and healthy lifestyle, saving of cultural and historical heritage, developing tourism in unpopular regions and supporting the appearance of new working places for the young people there and so on. As our members are with different social and cultural background we know how important it is for them to have equal possibilities for personal and professional development and to play an active role in the society. Through this we show the young people how important is to live in peace and to be united as this is a way to promote the democratic virtues and make them a stable base for the prosperity and development of our society.
Since late 2012 Bulgarian Youth Forum is officially a basic institution of the Faculty of Education at Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”. Experts from the association organize and carry out the pre-diploma practice of the students from “Non-Formal Education” bachelor programme in the Faculty of Education.
The main activities in which the volunteer will be involved are:
● A course aiming to familiarize the participants with the aims, goals and activities performed by the BYF in which they will take part and help with.
● A Bulgarian language course which will start as soon as they arrive to allow them to communicate freely during their service.
● Help with the organization of various youth events, youth trainings in the sphere of non-formal education, youth campaigns and projects. This may include activities from support of BYF stuff in coordination of human resources, communication and logistics, to taking of pictures and videos, which will be published in BYF communication channels.
● Help with the organization of various sport indoor and outdoor events including billiards, football, table tennis, darts and other sports. Some of their responsibilities will include taking of pictures and videos of the participants, getting interviews from them, supporting the BYF staff in the communication and logistics around the event, etc.
● Publish online materials in the social and media channels of BYF reflecting the events and translating them in different languages.
● Create materials such as brochures, flyers, banners, etc. to promote the activities of the organisation and distribute them in local schools in order to involve more youths in the BYF projects and events.
● Organize their own youth events and charity tournaments.
● Maintain their own online blog sharing their new knowledge and experience from the activities that they will take part in.
● Participating in BYF activities related to project writing, implementation and reporting, mainly under the programme “Erasmus+”.
Spanish volunteers, 18-30 years old. Send CV in english and Motivation letter to email@example.com