EVS in a Maternity and familiy Center in Svitay/Czech Republic for German volunteers
Location: Svitavy/Czech Republic
Period: 01/09/2017 – 31/07/2018
Deadline: 15 June 2017
You want to work in different social areas, from babies to elderlies and in a nice and familial environment in Czech Republic? We are looking to your application!
Maternity and family centre Krůček Svitavy, o.s. is international, educational, commune and multigenerational centre for families with small children. Every day we offer pleasant and friendly environment with wide variety of activities and services for the families- from exercise for pregnant women, through baby clubs for mothers with babies, creative activities, musical and moving classes for toddlers, English for pre-school children, educational courses for parents, to weekend actions for public. It’s a place of meeting for families with children. It offers services and activities, which have goal to support healthy, active and working family and prevention of social outcast of family with children (from birth to pre-school age). Services and activities allow families to spend free time meaningfully, support them both in the activity and outside, which prevents their social isolation and strengthens the family role in the society.
We offer an open and friendly enviroment in a small collective of the Maternity and family centre. The volunteer can learn cooperation that is important for the Maternity and family centre run. He/she will learn how to offer our service to the families with children and also how to use the feedback to develop our activities. The volunteer will be motivated to be active and to bring his/her own ideas and projects to make our service better. We think that the volunteer can gain new knowledge and abilities that can be utilized in organizing actions for family groups. Parents are mainly 25-40 years old. Age of children is from 0 to 6 years old mostly.
1. Regular workshops for mothers and children– their preparation, working out and realization of the program, helping the activation workers. The volunteer will be present on the workshops that is once a week. The workshop’s theme is Playing with English for mothers and children. The volunteer can prepare the workshop or can help families and children to participate on workshop activities. We expect that the volunteer’s competences for working with families and children will grow. That will be reached due to the transparency of the theory and the practice. Every workshop is for 10 mathers with children, more or less.
2. Monthly program preparation, participation on Maternity centres’ campaigsn in the Czech Republic (e.g. about active fatherhood, natural childbirth).
3. Babysitting-lot of parents need to go to work, when children are not 2 years old and in CR we have problem with vacancies in kindergartens. So we decided to offer babysitting for their small children. Volunteers cooperate with us and help with babysitting too.
4. Preparation of the bigger actions for public – we arrange at least 1 bigger action for public per 2 months. These actions are usually on weekends and are prepared and realizated by the whole team including volunteers. The actions are for example: lampion parade, carnival or st. Nicolas celebration. The volunteer will have oportunity to realize own ideas and we will teach him/her how to organize these actions. About 200 people come to this kind of action.
5. Comunication with parents, children – comunication skills increasing, gaining the information about the families in the Czech Republic, their social situation, about the multicultural questions, enviromentalism, etc.
6. It is possible to cooperate with another organisations in object Fabrika, e. g. library or Salvia, it workes with disabled people (rentiers and mentaly handicapped people). It should be about 10 % of whole service here. It depends on volunteers will.
7. Czech lessons-volunteer will have possibility to learn Czech language with a very good and professional teacher. Volunteer´s speaking Czech soon is for us very important.
8. Teaching English (by non formal methods) at School and kindergarten, children aged from 4 to 10 years. It is kind of alternative school close to Svitavy. 1x a week per 2 hours.
9. Cooperation with disabled people in the Charita´s centre Svetlanka
Working hours: From Monday to Thursday: 9-12 a. m. and 2-5 p. m..
Friday: 9 a.m. -1 p. m.
The working hours are not the same every day, this is only for ilustration. Working hours are made in cooperation between volunteer, team and needs of our activities.
Working hours are not more then 35 hours per week. Mostly less.
Please download our EVS Bewerbungsbogen on our Website http://www.ijgd.de/auslands-dienste/ab-6-monate/europaeischer-freiwilligendienst-evs/bewerbung-kontakt.html and send it to us asap per Email to ifd.Berlin@ijgd.de