SVE – Office Mulhousien de la Jeunesse
Location: Mulhouse, France
Period: 01/09/2017 – 31/05/2018
Deadline: 1 July 2017
!!! ONLY FOR BELGIAN RESIDENT !!! The Mulhouse Office of Youth is looking for 1 EVS from Belgium from september 2017 to May 2018 to participate in the organisation focussed on youth activities and promotes the implementation of projects led by young people.
Office Mulhousien de la Jeunesse (THE MULHOUSE OFFICE OF YOUTH) is a space for meeting and dialogue for organisations who work for the benefit of Mulhouse young people. It was founded in the year 1988 and it coordinates a network of 75 local organisations active in the fields of music, street art, theatre,
scouting, leisure and education, which are committed in the implementation of various youth activities. The target groups are young people of 12 to 25 years old from different parts of the city. We work with all youth organisations (leaders and young participants).
Furthermore, OMJ supports youth organizations by providing them with the stage equipment for small events. It also helps organize festivals for young people to develop their artistic talents (music, dance,
video, photo, etc.)
Our organisation organizes a variety of meetings and trainings for youth organisations leaders on different topics linked to the management of non-profit organisations.
The volunteer will meet children, teenagers, young adults and staff for: extra-curricular activities, youth centres, outdoor activities, cultural activities, etc.
With the support of our team of employees and volunteers, the EVS volunteer will be assigned the following tasks:
– Maintain an ongoing monitoring of existing twin organisations in France and Europe;
– Communication with our target groups and our partners;
– Meeting with the partner organisations and promotion of their activities on the agenda (70 organisations);
– According to her/his skills and expectations, the volunteer will have the possibility to discover different
artistic activities run by the youth leaders of our local partner organisations (festivals, music, outdoor activities, and training).
– Conduct a survey on the local needs of young people in terms of training, international mobility opportunities;
– Help in the organization of events like :
– The Palaver (a time for meeting and debate on hot topics of common interests);
– Help to organize a festival around the theme of migrants (French-German youth exchange, fight against prejudice);
– Organise and create a database of photographs of our member organisations;
– Create and update a website and social networks for the organisation and communication action (flyers, posters, business cards).
– Participate in Municipal Youth Council and primary schools activities.
Please fill in and send the following e-form to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Application form: http://www.tambour-battant.eu/html2pdf/Application_Form.php
The volunteers will receive at the beginning of each a volunteer’s allowance (150€)
Volunteers will assume a service of 30 hours a week, from Monday to Friday. They will have two days off per week and cumulate 2 more days off per month.
Our organization runs regular trainings on topics affecting youth and the management of non-profit organisations. Therefore, each volunteer will be invited to attend our trainings. Our courses can be technical but also more specialized (crowd funding, first aid, communication, social media, etc.).
More info here > https://lc.cx/SHUe