Volunteers for Refugees
Location: Sanliurfa, Turkey
Period: 15/07/2017 – 12/05/2018
Deadline: 28 June 2017
What we expect from volunteer is to work in refugee context and develop his/her skills in right-based paralegal counselling for refugees in Turkish context. It will give the volunteer a huge experience in return to work in humanitarian organizations and also give an opportunity to develop network in local with the international humanitarian organizations.
Role of EVS volunteers in the host organization
She/he will take part in the following activities:
• preparing, implementing and evaluating of local cultural projects;
• promoting culture of the origin country of the volunteer (thematic evenings, workshops, exhibitions);
• leading own language animations for youth (like language workshops, regular help in language learning to individuals and language and cultural weekend trips as well as – updating and running website of this activity);
• helping in preparation and implementation of workshops about tolerance, intercultural dialog, human rights, European identity and other similar topic;
• promoting participation in international and European programs with special emphasize on the opportunities offered by Erasmus+ Program;
• preparing documentation of the projects (filming, taking pictures);
• taking part in EVS promoting projects
• participating and helping in office work and other activities run by GAP Youth Association.
Volunteers will be asked to introduced their own ideas and social action initiatives. Ideas going to be put into practice after careful analyze. The volunteer will have the possibility to take part in international and local trainings concerning youth work. Volunteer will work mainly in Şanlıurfa.
Send us an email with your CV and a motivation letter: email@example.com
More info about the project: http://www.catalunyavoluntaria.cat/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/MoreInfoEVS-Turkey.pdf