Discovering Anglophone culture through conversation
Location: Toul France
Period: 01/09/2017 – 30/06/2018
Deadline: 11 July 2017
We are searching Austrian volunteers to developp intercultural and linguitics activities in English, in French secondary schools. The volunteer will have to look after small groups of pupils in order to help them practice English, He will create activities in order to make the pupils discover a new culture, a new country, and to help them practice conversational English. He/she will also accompany pupils during school trips.
The general council of Meurthe-et-Moselle is an Institution. He is granted of state and own powers, such as solidarity, which is the main realm that affects other areas as the social and professional inclusion of people who are experiencing difficulties. The other realms are education and citizenship, support to territories, economic and solidary development, environment and tourism.
The general council develops support for vulnerable groups of people.
– make the pupils aware of the importance of learning a foreign language by welcoming a native-speaker from another country;
– create an encouraging environment, ideal for learning foreign languages.
The project will help tackle the issue of tolerance through the discovery of someone else’s culture. It will also help develop the pupils’ curiosity about another culture.
Common base of knowledge:
– languages as a way of thinking and communicating;
– understand a foreign language and speak in another language;
– communicating on a daily basis;
– holding a conversation in a foreign language.
Send application to email@example.com