ONE YEAR VOLUNTEERING IN YOUTH CLUBS CZECH REPUBLIC
Location: Strakonice and Blatná, Czech Republic
Period: 01/09/2017 – 31/08/2018
Deadline: 31 July 2017
We are looking for two volunteers, one form Portugal and one from Ireland. Volunteering in our organization is about working in youth clubs. It is focused mostly on youth with fewer opportunities, Romas and children on the street. It is about helping them, create and organize leisure time with meaningful activities, animation of some activities, supporting them, play with them and work on social services field. Volunteering here is also about helping with visibility in our NGO and our activities.
We are seeking volunteers who are active, creative, open- minded and motivated to work with youth and children.
Volunteers do not require previous experience with youth work or work in a non-profit organization, but the basis for us is their interest in this work. For us, it is also important, but not decisive, the usability of the volunteer in his region or in the sending organization after returning from EVS.
Volunteers require at least a basic knowledge of English, because most of our colleagues, employees, speak it. An important condition in the profile is the willingness to learn the Czech language, which will be a great advantage for volunteers in their later work with us.
Civic association PREVENT99 z.ú. operates in South Bohemia region of Czech Republic since 1999. Especially we work on the field of social work with children and young people (primary prevention programs, experiential learning, non-formal education, social services for children and youth, youth clubs), addiction-
providing a social and therapeutics services
( to drug users and their families) and educational activities (conferences, training courses and seminars for teachers,social workers, etc.)
• Preparing and providing a leisure time activity for children in youth clubs in Strakonice and Blatná (together with our workers and one more volunteer)
• Support team of trainers during outdoor activities (maximum. once a month)
• Work on specific small projects of youth clubs. It means volunteers will work with our employees on proceeds activation projects for example open days in local museum, theatre, beneficial concert, presentation of work on some school and so on.
• Volunteers will help on promo and visibility of our organization – Volunteers will have an opportunity to help us with organizing and creating ideas of visibility and public relations field. We want to support effective presentation of our activities and NGO, so there are a lot of opportunities to do some changes, presentations, activities etc.
• At the end of the first volunteering period will “old”volunteers help to settle down to new coming volunteers. There is a time period of 2 months in the project, during this time will stay ‘”old” volunteers together with newcomers and help them to settle down. They can hand over the experience. We believe it helps to prepare stabile work of EVS in our organization.
• Volunteers in their own project. We want to support concrete volunteers in creation and realization of their own projects.
• Volunteer in visibility of EVS. Volunteers will help with managing visibility of EVS and Erasmus + and NZDM. They will organize presentation and meetings.
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
More info: http://otlas-project.salto-youth.net/8401