Abilities in disabilities through EVS activities! Volunteering for differently able people in Fundacja “Sprawni Inaczej” in Gdańsk
Location: Poland/Gdansk- seaside city/Koscierzyna – kashubian lakes town
Period: 02/10/2017 – 03/09/2018
Deadline: 15 September 2017
Develop your creativity! See more and feel more through art in companion with disable people! Hosting organization will support you in many fields, but first of all – interesting and socially useful activities!
Volunteer will work in our Foundation, that is active since 1989 for cooperating especially with adult intellectually disabled people, mainly through handicrafts and art therapy. So far we have hosted around 70 volunteers:)!We offer different tasks for the whole team of EVS Volunteers (we apply for 12 Volunteers in this project, 8 for Gdańsk, 4 for Kościerzyna).
Being part of our activities Volunteers will be involved in:
• helping us with all artistic tasks at three workshops of Foundation in Gdańsk, Kościerzyna and Lubieszyn (for example: ceramics, sewing workshops, wood-free paper, various technics, painting workshops, wood carvings),
• support all instructors in their regular activities in the workshops,
• helping us to assist the disabled people during both, every day activities and occasionally sporting activities (group games, unihockey, etc.),
• preparing own workshops in our three places (once a week is suggested frequency),
• providing organizational support to FSI and participating in various events such as: open days of FSI, picnics, meetings of integration, events for local NGO’s etc.,
• providing organizational support and participating in charity events,
• preparing media and marketing materials (pictures, presentations, films, leaflets, posters) of EVS and Foundation actions,
• helping us to arrange and decorate Foundation’s premises,
• gardening activities in all mentioned places of work,
• organizing language classes for kids from the local society.
Send your CV and Motivation letter to email@example.com
Dorota Rydel, firstname.lastname@example.org , mobile: +48 517-125-832