EVS vacancy in Albania for Polish volunteer
Location: Tirana, Albania
Period: 01/09/2017 – 01/07/2018
Deadline: 16 August 2017
Projekte Vullnetare Nderkombetare ( International Voluntary Projects) (PVN) is a non profit organization founded in 2005. It is anorganization that promotes peace through voluntary work and exchanges volunteers all over the world. It is part of the Service Civil International (SCI) network and shares the same aims and values: living and working together with the people of different backgrounds helps volunteers to break down the barriers and prejudices.Since its foundation (January 2005), PVN has been constantly working internationally by exchanging volunteers worldwide. The main activities of PVN are workcamps/international volunteer projects, trainings and youth exchanges where PVN
sends and hosts several volunteers every year.
The volunteers will be informed about their tasks before their arrival, and more concretely during the arrival training.
For each single activity they will be gained and supported by the supervision and experienced team of PVN.
The EVS volunteers will work 5 days a week, 5-6 hours a day. They will not be working during National Holidays and 2 days a month.
Some of the main planed tasks are:
– Organize information sections and English support for pupils in 7 Schools of Vaqarri and Ndroqi on NVC, discrimination and human rights issues. The working language in Albanian but there will be translation by local coordinator and volunteers.
The activities will be coordinated by the local coordinator and supported by EVS volunteers and around 10 local volunteers. All the team will be trained in advance how to work in the schools and what methodology to use. PVN has prepared a manual for activities in the schools as guidance about the topics and methods, anyway EVS volunteers could add any thing they feel is productive. Every week the team has joint preparation and twice a month the team has meeting and support by the supervisor.
– Promote and support the Cultural and Artistic Center in Tirana where young people come and practice artistic and cultural skills, the volunteers will help them to inform about the services and guide them how to use the services of the center.
EVS will help inter-cultural and social activities such as inter cultural events, movies, shows etc. They will present their culture, also will have contacts of other EVS in Tirana and organize common intrecultural events in the center. There is space for creativity, making up-cycling, involving students of the schools etc. EVS volunteers will be supported by the coordinator of the center and around 3 local volunteers in charge of it.
– Organize education, integration and entertainment activities with people with fewer opportunities ( roma and egyptians), people with sensory, physical and mental disabilities:
*Minorities and Refugees: Volunteers will organize integration and entertainment activities with Roma and Egyptians kid and young people: workshops on the human rights, social inclusion, playing games together, exchanging experiences, informing them about involvement in voluntary activities etc.
* Disability: Volunteers will work with sensory and moving impairments, and they will plan of the work with some intellectual disabilities ( kids and youth). – learning by doing activities, playing theater, having a walk, watching any video, doing handcraft, recycling helping their daily needs ( orientations, clothing ).
– Promoter of EVS and voluntary activities, volunteering values , at Universities of Tirana by visiting each university once a week by open discussions and delivering informative materials
– Placement for incoming and outgoing in international workcamps and administrative issues
– Prepare promotional materials and trainings: promotional package, posters, leaflets, flayers, press release etc.
– Organize local community awareness raising actions in city of Tirana, in Vaqarri and Ndroqi villages:
*oganizing cleaning sessions (as cleaning the city, cleaning forests, etc.)
* local street campaigns to raise public awareness and responsibility on environmental problems.
*Workshop about reuse and recycling
– Teaching languages, mostly local inhabitants (the classes willbe open for youngsters and adults) to rise their chances to find a job
The position will suit those Polish young people who are interested in volunteering in and learning skills and building competencies in the following areas:
– Human rights issues, voluntarism, non-violent communication
– Animation skills to organize activities with children and young people in the local community and local school
– Promotion and communication
– Learning about new cultures and intercultural exchange and dialogue, non-formal learning
– Coordination and communication skills
We are open for candidates:
– Age above 25
– Some voluntary experiences or work experience ( preferable social issues and kids, but not limited)
– Good understanding of English
Send us your CV and motivation letter in English untill 16th of August 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accomomdation and Public Transport:
there will be in rented apartment,where every body will have his/her own room.The apartment will be furniture and with proper living conditions such as the bed with needed items(sheets,blanket,pillow etc),there will be a furniture kitchen with all items for cooking,electronic items,the functional toilet with shower and washing machine, 24 hours water and electricity.
The apartment will have a common space for volunteers with TV,24 hours internet connection.The volunteers will have as well an Albanian number phone.The apartment will be nearby city center,max 15 min by public transport.The area is between the office and the schools where they will most visit.The are has public transport every 10 minutes,there are around 3 buss lines.The local community, the projects target group is one of the central quarter of Tirana.The main project activities will take place in the local community 20 min far from the city centre.The distance between the office and the target quarter is about 20 minutes by foot,they will be provided with public transport tickets
The volunteers will cook by themselves in the house, everywhere there are market place and small shops to buy food and items to cook.The payment for food is 100 EUR per month and 55 EUR pocket money, in total is 155 EUR per month.
Awareness of issues relating to the residence permit and other administrative issues will be in collaboration with PVN team and his/her mentor.They do not need visa to enter Albania, they can stay there for 90 days. The application for resident permit should be done in Albania