“EN.SU.RE. Inclusion – Enhanced Support for Refugee Inclusion”
Location: Athens, Greece
Period: 10/01/2018 – 10/01/2019
Deadline: 5 September 2017
The project aims to support the inclusion of young refugees in Greece, and to raise awareness about migrant and refugees’ issues.
The volunteers will be mainly involved in the design, preparation, implementation and follow up of different educational activities.
ELIX is a Greek Non-Governmental Organisation committed to promote active participation in public life and the evolution of individuals as global citizens. ELIX realizes international actions of voluntary participation with main targets the protection of the environment, the preservation of cultural heritage, the promotion of civilization and social service. It is member of the international network Alliance of European Voluntary Service Organisations since 1991, of the Pan-Hellenic Network of Ecologic Organizations and the Network Volunteerism and Environment.
The proposed activities for this EVS are:
1. Early Childhood Development (ECD) activities: supporting the educational staff of ELIX in the everyday running activities inside the classrooms. The ECD focuses on learning through play which posits that play meets physical, intellectual, language, emotional and social needs of children,
2. Creation of awareness raising and visibility materials: The creation of a documentary about the experience of the volunteers in this project, depicting also the impact of their service to the benefiting community. Additionally, they will create posters and other visibility and dissemination materials,
3. Organisation and coordination of awareness raising actions: contributing in international campaigns such as the Raising Peace Campaign and the Freedom of Movement, campaigns that ELIX actively participates since 2016, the organisation of awareness raising actions (e.g. on the World Refugee Day, International Migrants Day), and the participation in events of external stakeholders,
4. Development of civic education and citizenship activities: with the support of our educational staff and experienced trainers, on topics such as peace and human rights. The volunteers will be organising and facilitating non formal activities, intercultural workshops, art-sport-theater activities with the support of our experienced educational staff. The workshops will be addressed to young refugees tackling topics such as non-violent communication, equality, anti-discrimination and anti-racism,
5. Recruitment of young refugees to join International projects: supporting our incoming and outgoing placement officers to recruit young refugees in order to join international voluntary service projects and other projects such as Youth Exchanges in Greece and abroad. ELIX aims to provide young refugees with the possibility to experience international mobility, meet with youngsters from other European countries and benefit from a mutual exchange of knowledge and experiences,
6. Development of international Youth Exchanges proposal with thematic focus on migrants and refugees rights: ELIX would like to link both its national but also international work . EVS volunteers will work side by side with our Erasmus+ projects coordinator and design together a project proposal to be submitted,
7. Activities according to the personal preferences and skills of the volunteers: We expect that volunteers who will join this project will bring their own innovation, creativity and inspiring ideas to implement. All volunteers are encouraged to develop their personal project, respecting the values of our organisation and taking into consideration the given resources.
Please fill in the application form here: https://goo.gl/forms/2b03hhFI9z8XWt4Z2 and send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “EVS – EN.SU.RE Inclusion_YOUR NAME” before September 5th!