‘Silesian Institutions Service Quality Relative to Foreigners’
Location: Katowice, Poland
Period: 01/10/2017 – 28/02/2018
Deadline: 20 September 2017
‘Silesian Institutions Service Quality Relative to Foreigners’ is an Eurpean Voluntary Service project designed to four partners coming from Poland, Spain, Italy, and Georgia. The project is about to start on 1st of October 2017 and will last 5 months (October 2017 – February 2018). It will take place in the capitol of Silesia region – Katowice. The project has already involved 5 volunteers from Spain, Italy, and Georgia who desire to develope their own awareness about human rights, citizen laws and European awarness. We are looking for one more Spanish volunteer to join our Bona Fides family (facebook.com/evskatowice)
The Bona Fides Association was founded in 2003 in Katowice. Association is an independent, non-profit and politically un-involved non-government organisation. In the beginning of its activity, Bona Fides was realising aid,educational and cultural ventures, aiming in children and young people development in all areas. In 2004 Association joined forces with the Katowice Civil Group (KGO), which was aiming in education in the human rights area focusing on civil rights, increasing of the public information access, public spending control and counteracting for corruption in public institutions. After several years of working on such different projects members of the association decided to focus their efforts on watchdog activity. Since 2008 association is mainly focused on its watchdog activity plus it works as an organisation which is sending young people as volunteers abroad as part of the Youth in Action Programme as well as host EVS volunteers from different countries. The Bona Fides Association has got an extensive experience in realization Youth in Action projects. We’ve send a lot of volunteers abroad on a variety kinds of projects to different countries (EU countries or Programme Countries and Neighbouring Partner Countries). All of our young volunteers had the opportunity to take part in ecological projects, archeology and cultural reconstruction projects, work with children as well as with disable peoples etc. Our contact and previous cooperation with all of the organizations till now is in very good condition, that’s way we think that cooperation with this organization will be good and successful as well. We have experience with preparing volunteers to their voluntary work in different country, culture – we always prepare them for cultural shock and we explain that the reality of another country can be very different than our. We’ve always supported and monitored volunteers before, during and after the EVS activities, arranged insurance of volunteers, assisted the volunteers with international travel arrangements, visa requirements, stay connected with NA. We have also sophistication in providing administrative things of all project and quality support to Receiving Organization.
– promoting European Voluntary Service programme through running a blog ‘from Katowice with love’ where EVS volunteers share their ideas, experiences and reports (fromkatowicewithlove.wordpress.com),
– promoting European Voluntary Service programme though running workshops for students, youth and adults in schools, universities, libraries, ‘house of cultures’ and other places,
– teaching local inhibitants Spanish language (2 lessons per week),
– teaching children Spanish language in non-governmental school in Katowice,
– collaborating with Dom Aniołów Stróżów (Angel’s House) – a place for children with a difficult backgroud
– collaborating with Arka Noego – a school for children with Down syndrome
– working hand by hand with Bona Fides Association (receiving one) during organizing its initiatives that will be offered also to the volunteers (office work, meetings and events we organise constantly by Bona Fides like: Dni Organizacji Pozarządowych (NGO’s days), Targi Organizacji (NGO’s Markets), monitoring, meetings with habitants of Katowice – in frames of Community Organizing project, supporting local community citizens,
– cooperate with InfoKatowice (taking photos, writing articles about events taking place in Katowice),
– supporting activities of Bona Fides workers and their cooperation with local residents.
CV and motivational letter shall be sent to the following email adress: firstname.lastname@example.org.