European friends for green trends 2017/2018
Location: Opatija, Croatia
Period: 31/01/2018 – 31/01/2019
Deadline: 15 September 2017
Udruga Žmergo is looking for three enthusiastic volunteers to work with us in our ecology and environment NGO. They would work in the field of communication, graphic design and public relations for 12 months.
Association Žmergo is a Croatian civil society organisation based in Opatija. It was founded in 1994 by local enthusiasts driven with desire to protect local environment and way of life and inspired to improve the quality of life in the local community, as well as on the national level. Main aims of the association’s activity are preservation of the environment, protection of natural and cultural heritage and promotion of sustainable development, green economy, volunteerism and ecological agriculture. For more than 20 years now, Žmergo has been encouraging citizens to participate in making important decisions about the environment at the local level and organizing and implementing projects on both the local and national level.
Some regular main activities include:
– Development and implementation of various projects whose aim is to raise awareness about the environment and change people’s behaviour towards sustainability
– Marking of important ecological dates, debates, round tables, exhibitions, lectures, symposiums, workshops and various other actions with the aim of achieving a positive change in the society, primarily in the area of sustainable development
– Dissemination of knowledge and skills with the aim of changing people’s habits and way of thinking
– Establishment of a network of connections with similar organisations in the country and abroad
– Promotion of alternative cultural activities connected with sustainability
– Preparation of promotional and educational materials.
The main activities the volunteers would perform belong to the field of communication, graphic design and public relations and these are: event management, media production, content creation, promotion of activities, PR and marketing activities, education about environmental issues as well as active participation in several events related to the European Capital of Culture.
If you are interested, send us your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is 15th September 2017.
For more information, please check our blog post: https://goo.gl/9NqBzr or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org